Table of contents:
- When should I go to the ER for congestive heart failure?
- What can I do to help my congestive heart failure?
- What is the best medicine for heart failure?
- Do you lose weight with congestive heart failure?
- Why do CHF patients lose weight?
- How do you sleep with congestive heart failure?
When should I go to the ER for congestive heart failure?
Go to the emergency room or call your local emergency number if you have heart failure and have a weight gain of more than 5 pounds in a week, an inability to lie flat, shortness of breath at rest, increased swelling and discomfort in the lower body, or a constant, hacking cough.
What can I do to help my congestive heart failure?
How Can I Improve My Quality of Life With Heart Failure?
- Eat a healthy diet. ...
- Exercise regularly. ...
- Don't overdo it. ...
- Prevent respiratory infections. ...
- Take your medications as prescribed. ...
- Get emotional or psychological support if needed.
What is the best medicine for heart failure?
Commonly prescribed include:
- Captopril (Capoten)
- Enalapril (Vasotec)
- Fosinopril (Monopril)
- Lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril)
- Perindopril (Aceon)
- Quinapril (Accupril)
- Ramipril (Altace)
- Trandolapril (Mavik)
Do you lose weight with congestive heart failure?
Patients with heart failure (HF) commonly have unintentional weight loss, depressive symptoms, and elevated levels of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP). Each of these variables has been independently associated with shorter cardiac event-free survival.
Why do CHF patients lose weight?
Congestive Heart Failure and Weight Loss Low blood flow around the gastrointestinal tract may make it harder for the body to absorb nutrients and move food through the body.
How do you sleep with congestive heart failure?
Here are 5 things to try if you have heart failure and are struggling to get a good night's sleep.
- Get screened for sleep apnea. ...
- Sleep on your side. ...
- Elevate the head of your bed. ...
- Elevate your feet. ...
- Avoid sleeping flat on your back, unless you have a CPAP machine.
- Whats a cute name for a short girl?
- Is megacolon in cats painful?
- Is lavender essential oil safe for pets?
- Will a standard poodle protect you?
- Are Golden Retrievers dumb?
- Is it bad to adopt only one cat?
- What does it mean when my cat grabs my arm?
- How fast can a Scottish Terrier run?
- Do bluetick hounds like to swim?
- What name means blue?