Table of contents:
- What is the dosing for Apoquel for dogs?
- How long does my dog need to take Apoquel?
- Can Apoquel be given every other day?
- Is it OK to stop Apoquel?
- How much does a bottle of Apoquel cost?
- Can dogs take Zyrtec for itching?
What is the dosing for Apoquel for dogs?
The dose of Apoquel tablets is 0.
How long does my dog need to take Apoquel?
How long can my dog use Apoquel? The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not placed any time restrictions on the use of Apoquel. Your dog can continue to be treated with Apoquel as long as your veterinarian recommends. In a study, dogs were treated with Apoquel for more than 2 years.
Can Apoquel be given every other day?
The dose of Apoquel is 0.
Is it OK to stop Apoquel?
Steroids, though, should be withdrawn slowly to minimize organ damage and side effects, and you should always consult with a veterinarian. Newer drugs such as Apoquel can be safely stopped, but if itching reoccurs, the medication may need to be started over again at a higher dose.