Table of contents:
- Is Giardia lamblia a bacteria or virus?
- Do you need antibiotics for Giardia?
- Can you catch giardia from another person?
- Can Giardia come back?
- Can Giardia cause joint pain?
Is Giardia lamblia a bacteria or virus?
Giardia is a tiny parasite (germ) that causes the diarrheal disease giardiasis. Giardia is found on surfaces or in soil, food, or water that has been contaminated with feces (poop) from infected people or animals. You can get giardiasis if you swallow Giardia germs.
Do you need antibiotics for Giardia?
When signs and symptoms are severe or the infection persists, doctors usually treat giardia infection with medications such as: Metronidazole (Flagyl). Metronidazole is the most commonly used antibiotic for giardia infection. Side effects may include nausea and a metallic taste in the mouth.
Can you catch giardia from another person?
People can spread the Giardia parasite even if they do not have symptoms. ➢ Pets can also be infected and can spread Giardia to you through their feces. ➢ Giardia is NOT spread from one person to another by coughing or sneezing, sharing drinks, hugging or kissing.
Can Giardia come back?
Recurrence of symptoms — After being treated for Giardia and seeing symptoms improve, some people experience a relapse. This can happen because people are still infected with Giardia or because of changes in the intestine that cause heightened sensitivity to certain foods.
Can Giardia cause joint pain?
Giardia is a major cause of human illness, both in the United States and worldwide. Data suggest that the infection can be linked to later development of arthritis or joint pain.
- How do you express concern in French?
- Is optic nerve hypoplasia a disability?
- Do spiders curl up when they sleep?
- Do dogs need off leash time?
- Do you need to drink a lot of water with amoxicillin?
- Do red eared sliders sleep in the water?
- What family are parakeets in?
- What can I use to draw whiskers on my face?
- What are some ways I can avoid infecting others with COVID-19?
- Can you have a Goliath spider as a pet?
You will be interested
- What should I feed my 10 week old kitten?
- Why are my under eyelids red?
- What do I do if my guinea pig is scared of me?
- Do frilled sharks lay eggs?
- What does the Fourth aortic arch form?
- What do breeders do with puppies they don't sell?
- Where do you give cats shots?
- ¿Qué síntomas tiene un perro con problemas de tiroides?
- How do I train my dog to be a hunting dog?
- ¿Cuáles son los perros de agua?