Table of contents:
- What is Baytril Otic used for in dogs?
- What are the side effects of Baytril in dogs?
- Does Baytril Otic need to be refrigerated?
- How long does Baytril take to work?
- How long does Baytril stay in dog's system?
- How long can a dog take Baytril?
- Can dogs be allergic to Baytril?
What is Baytril Otic used for in dogs?
Enrofloxacin otic (brand name Baytril® Otic) is an antibacterial/antifungal agent used in the treatment of ear infections in dogs and cats.
What are the side effects of Baytril in dogs?
Side Effects and Drug Reactions
- Loss of appetite.
- Seizures in pets with CNS disorders.
- Cataracts if given long-term.
Does Baytril Otic need to be refrigerated?
Store between 4° and 25°C (40 - 77°F). Store in an upright position. Do not store in direct sunlight.
How long does Baytril take to work?
This medication will take effect quickly, in about 1 to 2 hours, however, visible effects may take a few days to be recognized.
How long does Baytril stay in dog's system?
The elimination half-life in dogs is approximately 21/2 - 3 hours at that dose, while in cats it is greater than 4 hours.
How long can a dog take Baytril?
Dogs & Cats: The duration of treatment should be selected based on clinical evidence. Generally, administration of Baytril Tablets should continue for at least 2-3 days beyond cessation of clinical signs. For severe and/or complicated infections, more prolonged therapy, up to 30 days, may be required.
Can dogs be allergic to Baytril?
Signs of an allergic reaction to Baytril include facial swelling, hives, scratching, sudden onset of diarrhea, vomiting, shock, seizures, pale gums, cold limbs, or coma. If your pet displays any unusual symptoms while taking Baytril, contact your veterinarian immediately.
- Are koi high maintenance?
- What is the best starter fish tank?
- What is the best tablet for vomiting?
- How common is ITP in dogs?
- What living things are in a pond?
- How do you know if your rabbit likes you?
- Why do birds repeatedly fly into windows?
- What area code is 70056?
- How can I help my dogs back leg pain?
- What can I do if someone steals my cat?
You will be interested
- Do all boxers have an underbite?
- Are mice or rats better pets?
- Can raisins upset your stomach?
- How big will my puppy get weight calculator?
- Do wolves leave their pack to die?
- What does rub up on the belly mean?
- What is an alternative to acupuncture?
- What temperature should hermit crabs be kept at?
- How much chocolate is in a Tootsie Roll?
- Why do I keep getting outer ear infections?