Table of contents:
- How old is the oldest African GREY parrot?
- Do African gray parrots bite?
- What are good treats for African GREY?
- What foods are bad for African GREY parrots?
- What human food can African GREY parrots eat?
- What is an African GREY favorite food?
- Is chocolate good for African GREY?
- Can my African GREY eat peanut butter?
- Can African Greys drink milk?
- Can my African GREY eat cheese?
- Why can't parrots eat avocado?
- Can my African GREY eat popcorn?
- Is it OK to feed birds Cheerios?
How old is the oldest African GREY parrot?
The Guinness Book of Records listed the oldest African Grey parrot in captivity as living to an alleged 72 years.
Do African gray parrots bite?
A fearful African grey can start to bite or be aggressive. It can also cause further damage to itself by trying to fly away from what frightens it, likely falling again.
What are good treats for African GREY?
African greys are known to enjoy carrots, corn, sweet potatoes, peas, squash, green beans, sprouts and kale. Do not give your bird avocado or onion, which could kill him.
What foods are bad for African GREY parrots?
Toxic foods that should never be fed to your bird include:
- Cassava (tapioca)
- Dairy products.
- Chocolate or cocoa.
- Fruit seeds and pits.
What human food can African GREY parrots eat?
|Some suggested food items include:|
|cherries (not the pit)||bok choy||corn|
What is an African GREY favorite food?
African greys love to munch on seeds, nuts, and berries. But please do remember they should all be small portions of their diet. They also love sweet fruits such as mangoes and oranges (with skins removed), and cored apples. Fruits should account for 10% of their diets.
Is chocolate good for African GREY?
Chocolate contains the chemical theobromine. If African grey parrots consume chocolate, the theobromine will cause the bird to have dark feces, act hyper, vomit, have heart arrhythmia, seizures and eventually die.
Can my African GREY eat peanut butter?
The answer is yes. Parrots can eat peanut butter, but it is not recommended. This is because peanuts contain a carcinogenic substance known as aflatoxin which is harmful to parrots.
Can African Greys drink milk?
Dairy- Birds lack the digestive enzymes needed to break down milk sugar and milk proteins. Uncultured milk products such as milk, cream and butter should not be fed but yogurt, cheeses and dried milk can be supplemented in the diet in moderation (they are also high in fat).
Can my African GREY eat cheese?
Some birds enjoy a small amount of lean cooked meat, fish, egg, or cheese occasionally. As birds are lactose intolerant, they should be offered dairy products only on occasion and in very small amounts.
Why can't parrots eat avocado?
Don't allow your parrot to consume guacamole or other avocado products. Avocado skin and pits are suspected of causing cardiac distress and eventual heart failure in pet bird and parrots.
Can my African GREY eat popcorn?
You can serve your bird either popped or unpopped kernels. If you choose to serve the popcorn unpopped, boil the kernels for a bit in plain water to soften the tough hulls. If you desire, you can pop the kernels for your bird using a very small amount of pure coconut.
Is it OK to feed birds Cheerios?
Veterinarians have approved whole-grain cereals such as Cheerios for birds, as long as you feed the cereal in moderation. Because Cheerios is low in sugar, made of whole grains and contains no artificial colors or sweeteners, it is an acceptable bird treat.
- Are humans supposed to be Carnivore?
- What does a puppy do when it's hungry?
- Do Tenrecs make good pets?
- What does a white wart mean?
- Can Haz Cheezburger cats?
- Is a Norwegian elkhound a German shepherd?
- What was the most popular name in 2015?
- Are Cava Tzu good dogs?
- What is normal temp for a dog?
- Can a kitten and a rabbit get along?
You will be interested
- How do I feed my dog doggy talents?
- How many goldfish can you put in a 5 gallon tank?
- What tests are in CBC?
- Should dogs wear goggles when swimming?
- Can CHF cause respiratory failure?
- Do Chihuahuas shake for attention?
- Is there an over the counter medicine for intestinal parasites?
- How many turtles can live in a 10 gallon tank?
- How big do Mini Belted Galloways get?
- How will I know if my Chihuahua is pregnant?