Table of contents:
- What fish can live with turtles?
- Do turtles eat fish?
- Can turtles starve?
- How do I know if my red eared slider is happy?
- How many times a day should I feed my red eared slider?
- Can turtles eat banana peel?
- How big of a tank do you need for 2 red eared sliders?
What fish can live with turtles?
Very small, agile fish like guppies may be able to survive with turtles, though they may overpopulate the tank. Goldfish and minnows are often kept with turtles because of their low cost; if they are eaten, they can easily and affordably be replaced.
Do turtles eat fish?
Aquatic turtles in the wild eat fish, and "feeder fish" may be purchased from pet stores or bait stores to feed pet turtles. ... Fish also can be a good source of calcium for turtles, as long as they eat the entire fish, bones and all.
Can turtles starve?
How many days can turtle survive without food? In terms of days, a turtle can survive around 160 days without food. However, they must also have access to water during this time period as well as a healthy amount of light.
How do I know if my red eared slider is happy?
Turtles are natural foragers and a common behavior is digging. If you see your turtle digging at the gravel at the bottom of their tank, this is a sign of a happy turtle. They should also regularly explore their environment, which can mean swimming around decorations and plants.
How many times a day should I feed my red eared slider?
You should feed an adult red eared slider vegetables every other day or at least 3 times a week. Offer them a protein source once or twice a week. You can gradually reduce their protein to once a week the older they get.
Can turtles eat banana peel?
Banana peels are not ideal for turtles at all because they may be riddled with pesticides from the farm and other preservatives which if ingested could cause great health risks to your turtle. ... If you do decide to feed your turtle a banana, ensure that you keep it to a maximum of every 3 days.
How big of a tank do you need for 2 red eared sliders?
Young red eared sliders will do great housed in a 20 gallon aquarium. When the turtle, or turtles if you decide to keep more than one, are full grown then they will most likely require a tank that is a minimum of 50 gallons. Ideally you should provide 10 gallons of water for each inch of shell length for each turtle.
- Do hedgehogs like being on their backs?
- How can I permanently cure my fistula at home?
- Where is the cephalic vein located in animals?
- How much is a tank for a bearded dragon?
- Is Margate City NJ Safe?
- How do I get urine out of carpet?
- Why does my cat have bloody tears?
- What are guinea pigs like in the wild?
- How much does it cost to live in Brookdale?
- How far is Summerlin from the Vegas Strip?
You will be interested
- How do I start hugging my girlfriend?
- Can you pet a wild raccoon?
- What are the best toys for Labradors?
- Does Amazon sell laser pointers?
- What was the first Carnivore?
- Why is my dog having a hard time lying down?
- Is there such thing as a dumb dog?
- Do rabbits poop all over the house?
- Is droopy on Looney Tunes?
- Are canines worse than molars?