Table of contents:
- Do setters make good family pets?
- How much does a Gordon setter cost?
- Should I buy an Irish setter?
- Do Irish setters attach to one person?
- Can you shave an Irish setter?
Do setters make good family pets?
The English setter is a gentle, friendly, placid dog that is especially good with children. ... These dogs are known to be alert and protective of their families and territories, but will calm down quickly when told to. English setters are very sociable dogs. They enjoy being with both people and other dogs.
How much does a Gordon setter cost?
|Weight||Male: 55-80 pounds (25-36 kg) Female: 45-70 pounds (20-32 kg)|
|Colors||Black & Tan Red Tan|
|Litter Size||6-8 puppies|
|Puppy Price||Average $600 - $800 USD|
Should I buy an Irish setter?
As mentioned, the Irish setter is still close to its hunting roots and does require a fair amount of exercise to be happy and to be a good family companion. ... Irish setters tend to be friendly and make good family dogs, but they can be a bit too big and rambunctious with small children.
Do Irish setters attach to one person?
Irish Setters become very attached to the people in their lives and can suffer from serious separation anxiety. They become very unhappy when they are left alone for more than a few hours and this unhappiness usually results in destructive behavior. ... Irish Setters do very well with other animals and children.
Can you shave an Irish setter?
Irish setters are known for their beautiful, long, glossy coats. ... The optimal coat is fine-textured and the hair should be straight and curl-free, according to the AKC standard. An Irish setter can be groomed for show purposes or trimmed shorter for easier maintenance if he is a companion dog.
- How do you pray for a pet?
- What animals start with an E?
- Which president dropped the groundhog?
- How hard is it to take care of goats?
- Which is a small marsupial of Australia?
- What is TX and SX?
- Is it stressful for a dog to move?
- How do I get a rescue parrot?
- Do dogs bow down?
- Can kittens wear diapers?
You will be interested
- Do humans have tactile hairs?
- Is Rose a Persian name?
- What does it mean when someone looks at you a lot?
- Can chocolate labs be aggressive?
- Why is my 17 week old fussy?
- When should a Shih Tzu puppy be groomed?
- What animal can I dress up as?
- How do you test for diabetes insipidus?
- When should I be worried about itchy ears?
- What happens when cockatiels get old?