Table of contents:
- What are the symptoms of stage 2 lung cancer?
- What is life expectancy with stage 1 lung cancer?
- How quickly can lung cancer develop?
- What is the life expectancy of stage 2 lung cancer?
- Can you live with lung cancer for years?
- When should you suspect lung cancer?
- Where does back hurt with lung cancer?
- What does back pain with lung cancer feel like?
- Would lung cancer show up in a blood test?
- How can you detect lung cancer at home?
What are the symptoms of stage 2 lung cancer?
Stage 2 Lung Cancer Symptoms
- Persistent cough.
- Coughing up blood.
- Shortness of breath.
- Pain in the chest or back.
- Repeated infections, such as pneumonia or bronchitis.
What is life expectancy with stage 1 lung cancer?
As the earliest stage of disease, stage 1 lung cancer generally has the most promising outlook. Current statistics suggest that anywhere from 70% to 92% of people with stage 1 non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) can expect to live at least five years following their diagnosis.
How quickly can lung cancer develop?
It takes about three to six months for most lung cancers to double their size. Therefore, it could take several years for a typical lung cancer to reach a size at which it could be diagnosed on a chest X-ray.
What is the life expectancy of stage 2 lung cancer?
Outlook. More than half of the people diagnosed with stage II live 5 years or longer. Specifically, the 5-year survival rate is 60% for stage IIA and 53% for stage IIB. Your cancer may never go away completely.
Can you live with lung cancer for years?
Each year, tens of thousands of people are cured of NSCLC in the United States. And, some patients with advanced lung cancer can live many years after diagnosis. Sometimes patients who are told that their lung cancer is incurable live longer than many who are told that their lung cancer is curable.
When should you suspect lung cancer?
The most common symptoms of lung cancer are: A cough that does not go away or gets worse. Coughing up blood or rust-colored sputum (spit or phlegm) Chest pain that is often worse with deep breathing, coughing, or laughing.
Where does back hurt with lung cancer?
If lung cancer grows and spreads, it can put pressure on the bones that make up the spine and the spinal cord. This can lead to pain in your neck or upper, middle, or lower back. The pain may also spread to your arms, buttocks, or legs. Your back or neck may feel numb, weak, or stiff.
What does back pain with lung cancer feel like?
Lung cancer related back pain may be generalized like a muscle ache or sharp like a pinched nerve. People with adrenal gland involvement may sometimes complain of "kidney pain" on one side of their back, or describe a feeling like they've just been "kidney punched."
Would lung cancer show up in a blood test?
Blood tests. Blood tests are not used to diagnose lung cancer, but they can help to get a sense of a person's overall health. For example, they can be used to help determine if a person is healthy enough to have surgery.
How can you detect lung cancer at home?
How to detect lung cancer: Symptoms
- Persistent cough (especially if you are coughing up rust-colored sputum)
- Shortness of breath.
- Chronic bronchitis.
- Chest pain.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Bone pain.
- What animals only have bottom teeth?
- Are Pindo palms poisonous?
- Are cows like big dogs?
- Do Cockatiels need a nest?
- When should puppies start walking?
- What does a dog urinalysis test for?
- What do you call a baby wombat?
- What causes a falling dream?
- Is it safe for cats to eat rabbit?
- How much is a pet gecko?
You will be interested
- Is the Bordetella shot for kennel cough?
- Is getting into PA school harder than med school?
- How do you take care of a newborn Shih Tzu?
- How much money does Ronnie Mund make?
- How much does weight loss camp cost?
- What is the craziest cat?
- How long can a dog survive after a rattlesnake bite?
- How high can Cranes Fly?
- Which is the most popular parrot?
- Does Pepcid help with allergic reactions?