Table of contents:
- Is terbutaline the same as albuterol?
- What is another name for terbutaline?
- What is a contraindication for terbutaline?
- Does terbutaline affect potassium?
- Does terbutaline cause hyperkalemia?
Is terbutaline the same as albuterol?
Terbutaline is a member of a class of drugs called beta adrenergic receptor agonists (stimulators) that is used for treating asthma and other diseases of the airways. Other drugs in the same class of drugs include albuterol (Proventil), metaproterenol (Alupent), pirbuterol (Maxair), and salmeterol (Serevent).
What is another name for terbutaline?
Terbutaline, sold under the brand names Bricanyl and Marex among others, is a β2 adrenergic receptor agonist, used as a "reliever" inhaler in the management of asthma symptoms and as a tocolytic (anti-contraction medication) to delay preterm labor for up to 48 hours.
What is a contraindication for terbutaline?
Terbutaline sulfate is contraindicated in patients known to be hypersensitive to sympathomimetic amines or any component of this drug product. Immediate hypersensitivity reactions and exacerbations of acute bronchospasm have been reported after terbutaline administration.
Does terbutaline affect potassium?
Effects of terbutaline on heart rate and potassium responses were determined in each subject. Results: Terbutaline significantly reduced plasma potassium concentrations and significantly increased heart rates during the time course of the study (P < 0.
Does terbutaline cause hyperkalemia?
We conclude that ritodrine and terbutaline induce profound hypokalemia by stimulating cellular potassium uptake and both drugs cause significant renal sodium and fluid retention and cardiac arrhythmias.
- What is the extra fold in a cat's ear?
- Is BFF good for cats?
- At what age do kittens start drinking water?
- How can I stop my neighbors from walking in my yard?
- What is sunken eyes in dogs?
- How do you pronounce Mikkel?
- Are goldendoodles fun?
- Does miralax cause behavior problems?
- What is the smallest goldfish you can get?
- How do you tell if I am a hoarder?
You will be interested
- Are there black widows in Illinois?
- What tricks can you teach a goat?
- How far is it from Pigeon Forge to the Ark in Kentucky?
- How do I make my house cat friendly?
- Can a plane be overweight?
- How do you trim a Cairn terrier?
- How do I become a vet tech in Philadelphia?
- How far away can a polar bear smell you?
- What illnesses are dachshunds prone to?
- What is a good size cage for 2 rats?