Table of contents:
- Can a rabbit mate with a guinea pig?
- How do you introduce a rabbit to a guinea pig?
- What diseases can Rabbits give to guinea pigs?
- Which is better guinea pig or rabbit?
- Can you give a guinea pig too much attention?
Can a rabbit mate with a guinea pig?
Rabbits and guinea pigs do not belong to the same species, and therefore they cannot mate. Historically, before rabbits and guinea pigs were routinely neutered (de-sexed), they were often kept together to provide company for each other, without the risk of a population explosion!
How do you introduce a rabbit to a guinea pig?
Guinea pigs should be kept away from rabbits If you want your guinea pigs and rabbits to meet, then a solution would be to create a mesh partition between their areas. This way, they can see and smell each other through this 'wall', without your rabbits being in any danger of accidentally harming your guinea pigs.
What diseases can Rabbits give to guinea pigs?
Rabbits (and cats and dogs) carry Bordetella bronchiseptica, a bacterium that infects their respiratory tracts and can easily be passed to guinea pigs.
Which is better guinea pig or rabbit?
Guinea pigs are smaller than rabbits and take up less room. They are excellent for grade-school children who have mastered handling and socialization techniques with hamsters or other smaller rodents. Guinea pigs are active throughout the day and night, sleeping in shifts. Their average lifespan is five to seven years.
Can you give a guinea pig too much attention?
Do Guinea pigs need a lot of attention? Guinea pigs do not need more love and attention than any other animal, but they still need it. They do not like to be handled excessively, and there are certain ways your guinea pig likes to be held. They need time out of their cage, they need interaction, and they need space.
- What does budesonide do for dogs?
- Can you get cancer on your rib cage?
- Are Cujo and Beethoven the same dog?
- How do you make a dog run on the side of a house?
- Do Tapeworms have a head?
- What is the cause of shaking legs?
- What is the best beginner lizard?
- Are quaker parrots easy to tame?
- How do you comfort a baby goat?
- How can I get free cat stuff?
You will be interested
- Where did the term belly up come from?
- Do humans lick?
- Is polyurethane toxic to pets?
- Is a pixie cut good for curly hair?
- Can you take a day off work if your dog dies?
- What size kennel does a bloodhound need?
- Can cats suffocate babies?
- Why does my dog's mouth quiver after licking pee?
- How hard is it to take care of a cockatiel?
- Is Zoey a boy or girl name?